Monday, March 9, 2009

President's Weekend - Family Visit























It's been a while since I have updated my blog, but here goes the most recent updates as of the new year. Over President's weekend my sisters, Kirsten and Ruth came to the bay area for a visit, along with my niece and nephew, Kendra and Mikey. It was an interesting weekend given that I was laid off on February 3rd and then asked to stay on a couple of weeks. February 12th was suppose to be my last day, but then they asked me to stay another week. So it was nice to have Kirsten and her kids show up that night to begin our weekend of fun. The next morning we got up and went to Fairfield to take a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory. It was a 'sweet' tour. After the tour we had lunch in their cafeteria and Kendra had a jelly bean shaped hamburger. Later that night we met up with Ruth and she took Kirsten to La Bamba's. Mikey said it was the best burrito he had ever had. He really wanted another one all weekend.

The next day we went on the 17 and over to Santa Cruz. We went up to the Mystery Spot. Last summer I went there with my brother Tim and Mikey. It was Mikey's favorite part of the trip. This time we all seemed to enjoy it. It's a bit nerdy, but fun.

After the Mystery Spot we went down to the beach to play with Diet Coke and Mentos. It was freezing on the beach. But we had fun playing with it. You can see our fun on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD-KS9BziJc

On Sunday it was a more relaxing day. We had to spend the day in the house because of all the rain. We did enjoy some time at church and then back home to hang out with one another.

The next day, was the time for everyone to head off home. Kirsten went to leave and had to go all the way day the 101 because the Grapevine was closed because of snow. She said it was a very beautiful trip even if it was long. I have always hoped to go that way, but never wanted to spend the time.
I was able to spend a lot of that Monday with Ruth. We enjoyed hanging out and even went to La Bamba's one more time. Too bad Mikey had already gone home, so he couldn't have that burrito one more time. We also had fun visiting the Goodwill. That's always an interesting place to go.

That night after droppng off Ruth, it was nice to know that I had my place to myself again.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the first of many children in my family. I have been called a 'smartass' quite a few times by the one known as 'dumbass'.