So while I was still unemployed (and I still am now) I was talking to my friend Peggy, who I use to work with. She has an uncle in Whittier that she hadn't seen in a long time and suggested we take a trip to Southern California to see our families. So off we went, with a brief trip in Gilroy to show Peggy my sign. We had fun driving through LA during rush hour. And it was fun seeing Whittier. I rolled into Yucaipa after being on the road forever. And then I ended up babysitting Mikey and Kendra while Jason and Kirsten went to see a movie as adults. Mikey and Kendra and I had fun making sun catchers and Mikey taught me how to play Guitar Hero. As you can imagine... I suck at Guitar Hero. The next morning Kirsten, Kendra and I went to go pedicures. And I even had flowers put on so that I was ready for Hawaii. We then jammed on over to the family picnic at Ford Park in Redlands. We had fun playing around. And then I was off to go hiking with Tim, my brother, and Tim, my brother's friend, and my cousin, Austin. We went hiking up to Vivian Creek in Forest Falls. It was quite the hike up. The beginning of one of the hardest hikes in Southern California. There was still snow on the ground. The next day was pretty casual with some church going and then off to visit my friend Melinda from high school and then off to have dinner with my cousin, Kris, my aunt, Carole and my cousin, Cortney before Kris and Carole headed off to Europe. The next day I dropped off Mikey and Kendra at school, where they asked if I was picking them up. It was hard to say good bye because we had had so much fun. I went to Whittier and picked up Peggy and we enjoyed the long way home through Santa Barbara. It was my first time going that way and I must say it was gorgeous. Peggy and I stopped to get out and walk along the beach and cut across the train tracks. We hadn't been off the tracks but a minute afterwards a large Amtrak coming bounding through. Peggy and I really enjoyed lunch in Santa Barbara. It was great to visit family and take the road trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment