Thursday, January 1, 2009

LA Zoo Visit for Kissin' and More







On Tuesday, December 23, I went with my sister, Kirsten and her two kids, Mikey and Kendra to visit the LA Zoo. We had a great time meeting the sea lions and harbor seals. I was able to get a 'kiss' from Rocky. Kirsten and Mikey were able to 'shake hands' with Mona. Kendra got to feed Mona by throwing fish to her. And we all got to pet a harbor seal. If you are wondering what's like to get a kiss from a sea lion, picture a VERY BIG dog nose coming at you that smells really fishy.
We enjoyed visiting the gorillas and I enjoyed having to leave the gorilla exhibit because the gorilla eating his own vomit was grossing out Kris too much. Apparently gorillas in captivity enjoy regurgitation and reconsumption. There is no known answer as to why they enjoy it. The keeper's theory was that if it tastes good once, it must taste good a second time.
As we were leaving the zoo, we were sitting at a picnic bench talking to Jason over the phone when Kirsten told me to look behind me. I did and there was a little black and white 'kitty.' So we quietly got up and started walking towards the front of the zoo. We ran into someone who was walking that way and advised them to not go that way.
After leaving the zoo we headed up to the Griffith Observatory. It was an amazing view from up there. It was my first time up there. I can't believe I'd never been up there when it's only up the hill from the zoo. We enjoyed watching a show in the planetarium. And then it was time to go home because it had been a really long day.



About Me

My photo
I am the first of many children in my family. I have been called a 'smartass' quite a few times by the one known as 'dumbass'.