Monday, November 10, 2008

Walking around the World




Okay, I didn't quite walk around the world. But I did manage to get my 13.1 miles of walking in for the Nike Half-Marathon on Sunday October 19th. I was so happy to get so much support for everyone. I had fun texting and talking to people while walking. And I really enjoyed listening to the book on tape that I had. It was also fun having people driving around and honking at me in encouragement. Also, a co-worker lives a couple of miles from me and she and her husband came out to wish me on. Needless to say I got in my distance and I will be getting my prizes in the mail shortly. I will be showing that stuff of a lot. Thanks to everyone who wished me well.




The next Saturday I went on the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in San Jose. I had fun walking with everyone. It always makes me cry to see so many people out supporting such an important cause. I sometimes wish that we could have better results against diseases like breast cancer and Cystic Fibrosis.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the first of many children in my family. I have been called a 'smartass' quite a few times by the one known as 'dumbass'.