Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Bonesetter's Daughter - The Opera


Last night I went into San Francisco to see the World Premiere of the new opera, The Bonesetter's Daughter. It was an amazing experience. I also got to see a lot of the people who actually worked on it. And I was even standing right next to Amy Tan!! I was tempted to take a picture, but refrained out of respect for her and any opening night jitters. In case you don't know who Amy Tan is, she is the author of The Bonesetter's Daughter and other books like The Joy Luck Club. She worked with Stewart Wallace on putting together this opera. My friend, Erin, and I went to the lecture before hand and learned about what they went through researching different types of music to use in the opera. There was a good blend of Chinese sounds and traditional opera.




There are some amazing clips on the opera's website.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the first of many children in my family. I have been called a 'smartass' quite a few times by the one known as 'dumbass'.